“That is part of the consequences of dental conditions… When we forget about taking care of ourselves, our mouths…and suddenly we realize we are not able, or we are not comfortable to speak or eat.” – Roberto Carlos Castrejón-Pérez DS, MSc, DSc
In Aging Pearls Podcast, we’re dedicated to providing dental pearls for all those concerned with the oral care needs of our aging population. I am Dr. Christie Hogue, and in this episode, Roberto Carlos Castrejón-Pérez tackles oral function and how it can be affected by missing teeth, conditions like Parkinson’s disease and stroke, and other medical issues. He also talks about how oral health is relevant to overall health and how dentures and false teeth can impact speech.
Roberto Carlos Castrejón-Pérez was born in Chiapas in a long-lived family, always attracted to and exploring nature. He was an athlete during his youth and still loves sports. He started working on aging with a master’s degree and joined the Instituto Nacional de Geriatría in 2009. His research interests focus on oral health and the general health of older populations. He is a photography enthusiast and loves long talks with friends.
[00:01 – 08:26] How Health and Oral Care can Affect Communication
- Roberto Carlos Castrejón-Pérez DS, MSc, DSc. – on his research on oral health
- The impact of oral care and other health issues on speech
- The challenges of replacing missing teeth
[08:27 – 18:36] The Importance of Taking Care of Yourself
- Loss of teeth can lead to an age appearance and cause people to look older
- Oral conditions can be caused by a lack of self-care at younger ages
[19:06 – 23:34] Final Thoughts
- Roberto’s message to the community
- Connect with Roberto Carlos Castrejón-Pérez DS, MSc, DSc – leave a review and comment (links below)
“We are able to age because of the advances of the knowledge on science, health, and technology.” – Roberto Carlos Castrejón-Pérez DS, MSc, DSc
Connect with Me!
You can connect with me on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and visit my website https://www.mouthmirrorsllc.com/ to learn more.
LEAVE A REVIEW + And share this podcast with someone who wants awareness of the oral and systemic health of our aging population! Click here to listen to our previous episodes.
Don’t forget to subscribe and leave a 5-star review!